Monday, August 31, 2009

Sunday Funday

I am still nursing a sprained knee, so I had to sit on the sidelines and watch my team dominate on Sunday morning. It was really hot out and I was sorta hungover so I guess I ultimately lucked out :) But we won 6-1!! Woop!

After an amazing breakfast of blueberry pancakes from Il Fornaio Ben and I decided to be domestic and hit up Home Depot to replace an old AC filter. Kori and I aren't very good about replacing ours, so I decided it was time to cross it off the To Do list. We dug out the old one, got the dimensions and were on our way. As we were looking for the filters I noticed plants....and I love plants. I have been meaning to fill this great duck planter I have so then my search went from AC filters to a new plant for the condo. ADD much?

However, Ben got me back on track and we decided we would go to the nursery for a larger selection of plants AFTER Home Depot. So off to the air filter aisle....there it was 20x24x1...perfect. Grab it and let's go! At the nursery I found the chosen plant and after buying new soil, a spade and a new clay pot we headed back home.

But guess what? That air filter didn't fit!! It was the right dimensions but I guess that little HP on the old filter makes a difference. So baaaaaaack to Home Depot we went and we could not find a legit filter that has HP on it. So we got the cheap filter which means Kori and I have to change it sooner than later...we'll see how that goes.

Moving on to the plants....we decided we should just re-pot all the plants we currently have and I am very glad we did b/c one of the plants was not in good shape. I couldn't tell by the actual plant, but the roots were a mess. So we (or more so Ben) did some rehabbing and they are all good as new! I will post pics later. But they are so pretty!

For dinner we ate at Big Bowl and omg my mouth was on fire. DO NOT USE 2 SCOOPS OF THEIR CHILI SAUCE! We had to order a side of brown rice just to tone down the spiciness. But DO order their chicken dumplings as an app. NOM NOM NOM.

All in all it was a great weekend filled with fun, my favorite people and delicious food. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment