Friday, February 12, 2010

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Today is day seven of being snowed in. Well, I was able to make it to the store on Tuesday, but besides that I haven't seen civilization in a week! The other day while I was wandering around the kitchen, snacking and taking a break from work, I noticed our bananas were getting to the point where neither myself nor Ben would eat them, well I probably would've, but I decided I would much rather make some banana bread. So I found a simple recipe that only required 3 bananas (luckily I had one in the freezer)! I just added a random amount of chocolate chips to the recipe so use your own judgment on that ingredient. And because Ben and I are newly living together, we don't have all the cooking goodies one needs... so we improvised with cake flour and a random sized baking dish! It still came out delicious and I know this b/c it's already almost gone after just 3 days of being made! :)

I found this recipe via Google... what would we do without it?
Credit: Simply Recipes

Ingredients

  • 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour

Method

No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

Squishy squish squish nanners

Oh heeeyyyyyy Paula Deen

I should've cropped this photo...

I wish you could smell how delicious this is.

1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of cake flour is equal to 1 cup of all purpose flour

The best part!!

The cooking time was a little off b/c we used a different pan, but it was oh so yummy!


Ewww cleaning up is not fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment