Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ranch Mac & Cheese

Sorry for the silence! I've been beyond busy at work helping to launch our new food site! Check it out: Kitchendaily.com It's currently in beta and there's a lot more to come! I am literally submersed in food content alll day long and the last thing I want to do when I come home is get on my computer. But now it's the weekend and I have so much to update on my blog!

Valentine's Day is long gone, but I'll take you back there with this post :) We decided to make our own meal instead of going out to a restaurant. We love challenging ourselves, particularly when it comes to baking (stay tuned for that post!). The hardest part? Choosing our menu! Since we always eat healthy we decided to splurge and make some sinful deliciousness!

This recipe came from one of my favorite food blogs, The Noble Pig. It came out better than I could have ever imagined. I can't wait to make it for my favorite Ranch lover, Colleen. She puts Ranch on EVERYTHING! And she loves mac & cheese to boot!

Ranch Mac & Cheese
Adapted from Taste of Home

1 package (16 oz.) elbow macaroni
1 cup milk
(I used whole)
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Colby cheese
1 cup (8 oz.) sour cream
1/2 cup crushed saltines
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Begin by shredding your Monterey Jack, Colby and Parmesan cheeses.

Cook macaroni according to package directions, however, do not use salt in the pasta water. Meanwhile in a Dutch oven, combine the milk, butter, dressing mix and seasonings; heat through. Stir in Monterey Jack and Colby cheeses until melted. Stir in sour cream.

Drain macaroni; stir into cheese sauce with the saltines. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.


Milk, butter and seasonings

That's me!

Cheesy nomness!

That's a lot of sour cream!

YUMMM!

Stir, Stir Stir

Are you drooling yet?

The final product, topped with crushed red pepper of course!

1 comment: