Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Cheesecake Marbled Brownies

My boyfriend is awesome because not only did he make me these amazing Cheesecake Marbled Brownies, but he photographed the process for my blog. :::swoon::: Here's how Ben's brownies turned out (in his commentary):

All the ingredients


Melting the chopped, unsweetened baker's chocolate and cubed butter using a make-shift double boiler on low heat.


Double boilers are the shit!


Mixing the egg whites into the melted butter and chocolate.


Slowly beating in the sugar, all-purpose flour, a pinch of salt and vanilla extract. The brownie batter became very, very thick.


I had warmed the cream cheese to room temperature but still had difficulty mixing in the sugar so I used the make-shift double boiler one more time (using an even lower temperature than with the chocolate and butter). After removing from the heat and allowing to return to room temperature once again, I added the vanilla extract.


When the cheesecake mixture was nice and smooth I slowly stirred in the miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips.


Ready for the greased pan!


The brownie batter was very easy to pan. I put dollops of the cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie batter then spread evenly.


I used a knife to create the marbling effect between the cheesecake and brownie layers.


The end product. I would heavily recommend cooling to room temperature then refrigerating before cutting into bite-sized squares. Keeping the brownies refrigerated improves the consistency of the cheesecake as well.

These were delicious and since we kept them in the fridge they were almost like pieces of fudge. Very rich and NOM NOM NOM! Thanks Ben!!

No comments:

Post a Comment