Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tailgating Food

Here is a brief synopsis of the food we made at the tailgate:
Here is our spread and as you can see everything except the fried chicken from Harris Teeter and the grilled chicken from KFC was homemade. (btw, the grilled chicken bucket still has skin on it and I highly doubt is THAT much healthier than the fried) My mom contributed the tomato, mozzarella and basil as well as crackers covered with cream cheese and lox. I love love love that! Also, you can see the pecans I made. I covered them with egg white and dipped them in a mixture of sugar, cayenne pepper, salt, chili powder and baked them for 30 minutes on 325.

Kori's boyfriend, Matt, made a curry chicken salad complete with red grapes, cashews and red onion. This was very delicious, especially on bagel chips.

My boyfriend, Ben, made a mexican layer dip with Jimmy Dean sausage mixed with sour cream. As well as refried beans, spicy guacamole, tomatoes and lettuce. He also threw in some green chilis for an extra kick. This tasted amazing on tortilla chips...just make sure you have a cold one to sooth the spiciness :)

I made this potato salad from a recipe I found in the NY times that listed 101 summer salads. They are red potatoes and I threw in some shallots, whole grain mustard, olive oil and some salt and pepper to taste. The green stuff is parsley!

Kori made this Ghosts in the Graveyard cake for dessert....it was made with Jello pudding and Coolwhip mixed with Oreos. The gravestones are Milano cookies with RIP W&M on them. However, William and Mary pulled out a win and beat UVA. :( Sad. This dessert was AWESOME and I wanted to eat it all.

My final contribution to the tailgate you can see in this photo....white wine sangria. It was strong and delicious! I used white wine, peach brandy, citron vodka and the fruit was apples, plums and peaches.

It was a very successful (and nomlicious) tailgate!

No comments:

Post a Comment