Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies

Okay, so I found this recipe at Joy the Baker, a blog I read on a regular basis. Her's are chocolate chip-less, but I am a chocoholic so I HAD to add them in and I am SO glad I did. And I doubled the recipe b/c I had a lot of mouths to feed at the tailgate.

2 cups peanut butter
2 cups sugar (1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup granulated sugar)
2 eggs
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 handfuls of chocolate chips (or more!)
12 slices of bacon, cooked, cooled and diced
(I cooked my bacon in the microwave b/c it's faster and creates less of a mess, it also tends to get nice and crispy)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease 2 baking sheets with butter and set aside. In a mixer combine peanut butter and sugars until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and baking soda and mix for another 2 minutes. Fold in cooked bacon and chips. Roll into large walnut sized balls and create a cris-cross pattern with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
The troops ready for battle

Warning: batter is goooooey

After adding the bacon and chips.

The cris-cross pattern.

Fresh from the oven

ZOOM IN ON BACON NOMINESS.

These were a huge hit at the tailgate and with the 'Ranga. They are super easy to make and I highly recommend them for your next party, tailgate or rainy day. Just make sure if you know of any vegetarians or non-pork eaters that you warn them of the bacon, because most cookies don't contain meat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment